How is cloud computing more cost effective for a business? Could it actually save you money? What other benefits does it have? Should you use a cloud for your business data? Where can you get the service? Let’s find out…
Cloud computing is an IT model which in simple terms is the use of remote servers hosted on the internet allowing a user or company to store files and programs, to manage and process data rather than using a local server or PC. "The Cloud" stores information securely on the internet, which eliminates the need for hard drives, external storage, and filing rooms. If you have the right Cloud solution you can access your files, programs and even your desktop at any time, from any location and through any device as long as you have a working internet connection and the access permission. The over whelming benefits of the cloud have made it a popular option and more and more businesses have started switching towards cloud computing from the traditional options.
What are the benefits of cloud computing for your business?
The most obvious reasons why you should switch to a cloud for your business are:
- Files, data and programs can be accessed and uploaded at any time and from any place so it saves time, increases productivity, and allows employees to work from anywhere so projects do not suffer.
- Allows effective and instant communication and sharing which promotes instant change, collaboration, and eliminates delays that might be caused due to the files being sent back and forth between departments and offices.
- Makes working more convenient for you and your employees, not to mention, it annihilates the need of maintaining a full-time staff and office (thus reduces running costs). It promotes remote employees and allows you to hire experts from around the world.
- Keeps the confidential data and information safe, without the need for additional security as only the people who have access to the cloud can view or change the stored filed. It is the duty of the cloud provider to ensure that your data is safe from hackers.
These benefits show how a cloud solution allows a company to function more productively, efficiently and cost effectively. However, this is not all, there are other factors too that makes cloud computing more affordable and cost effective.
How is the cloud a more affordable and cost-effective solution for your business?
There are so many factors that make the cloud a more preferable option for businesses in comparison to other IT solutions, such as:
- Low setup cost – As a good cloud or private cloud solution will run on existing servers etc you do not have to pay for expensive on premise hardware; you will just have to pay for the setup and service.
- Fixed and competitive fee – A good cloud partner should be able to provide you with a low user or server fee which can scale up or down as you need on a month by month basis.
- Cost-friendly tech upgrades – getting the latest hardware and software for your business will no longer sap money from your budget simply because your cloud provider will update their hardware and software as part of their service.
- Reduced running costs – maintaining your own IT infrastructure and keeping it secure requires more investment and running costs as you need trained IT professionals on your payroll, they need office space, use electricity and have a whole host of knock on costs as well as software upgrades and maintenance. A good cloud partner will release your business from IT constraints and allow you to focus on pushing your business forward rather than managing it.
Employing the services of a cloud provider is cheaper in comparison to other IT solution or traditional storage and compute methods.
If you want to super charge your business and reap the benefits of a cloud solution designed specifically with your business and budget in mind, then get in touch with us now and one of our friendly advisers can discuss your requirements and arrange a demo to help you push your business forward.